Location: Amsterdam Region
The role is part of the International Finance Operations team. With your team, you will be responsible for ledger maintenance and other financial operations leading to:
Timely, accurate and complete month end closing of actuals and supporting documentation. Operating effective financial and tax processes and executing internal controls for the entity / entities in scope
Maintaining day to day accounting and tax records, including P&L and B/S substantiation, participation in change and improvement projects and treasury coordination where needed.
Support in a proactive, professional and high quality finance service to the Finance Operations department in Europe that offers maximum service levels and minimizes costs where possible.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Up to date and accurate record keeping of finance and tax operations, reconciliations and management of the general ledger through effective and efficient processes
- Maintain financial controls
- Expense reporting
- Tax filing preparation and liaison with tax specialists (CIT, VAT, IPT, Wage tax)
- Investment accounting
- Coordination of cash management where needed
- Preparation of audit files
- Pro-actively recommending improvements to processes and procedures and involvement in implementation.
- Responsible for the maintenance of complete and accurate accounting records including month-end reconciliations and substantiation files.
- You will need to maintain close relationships with all areas in Tax, Finance and Business involved in the creation, supply or receipt of financial services.
- Performing analytical review and explanation of movements in P&L and balances in B/S accounts.
- Supporting the operation of the financial control framework (processes and controls) including adherence to Group policies.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in economics or accounting with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience within the insurance sector is a plus
- Strong team player / collaboration skills.
- Technical accounting knowledge
- Analytical but retains eye for detail.
- Strong communication skills, fluent in English and Dutch.
- Solid knowledge of (financial) accounting processes, systems and controls
- Excellent Excel skills.
- 60K base salary
- 20% bonus
- Training and Education opportunities for personal development
- 40 hours, open to discuss 36 hours a week
For more information, please get in touch with:
Bart de Boer / Owner email@example.com / 06 40 65 41 79